Sunday, September 8, 2013

Election Hangover

Today Australia has a new PM and God help us. Tony Abbott will be the worst PM Australia has ever had.  Australia what were you thinking?  As much as I wish to spend the next three years hibernating or calling  myself a kiwi, I will instead be keeping an at least weekly blog containing Abbott's gaffes,  errors,  lies and poor judgements. I am sure I will have a wealth of information to choose from.

So how did we elect such an idiot?
Maybe it's because we have a population more interested in voting for 'Australia's got Talent' than for their national leader, for the way their country will be run for the next three or more years.
Maybe it's the people who base their voting decisions on who provides them with a good sausage sizzle or has a good sounding name on the card.
Maybe people just believe everything they read in Murdoch's papers.
Maybe people were so concerned about perceived failings of one party they didn't check the failings of the other.
Maybe people would rather complain when things go wrong, than make an informed decision.

For the record I campaigned against Howard in 2007 and again against Abbott in this election. I have patches of sunburn and my legs are sore.  But my electorate was one of the few to increase its Labor vote.
I am really hoping Abbott will be a one term PM (or less) and I hope you will join me on working to make that happen.

More news to come.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment